Over the course of a year, we gather many things. Photographs in a our camera roll, which don’t reach social media; new memories, knowledge, or lessons, which run the risk of being forgotten. These things, I hope to collect together into a virtual scrapbook: blog posts which round up the week’s moments.
What made me smile
- Feeding ducks from my hand at Baddesley Clinton
- Finding fifteen flints over the fields, on a Mesolithic site
- Receiving my MA degree certificate in the post
- Finding a recipe for toffee muffins that I’d thought lost, and making them to share
- Seeing 31 different species of bird on a local walk, including a new one: a Yellowhammer!
- Going on a walk through the local woodlands after dark, and hearing a tawny owl and muntjac deer